28 March 2011

for the love of girlfriends ....


Zia & Em @ bump before going out
Ok so you may not be getting the whole "love of cooking" vibe from reading along lately as it seems that I've been eating out a lot.  I have to say that as much as I love to cook, I also love to socialize with my girlies and enjoy all the restaurants our city has to offer.  Plus with the weather warming up and days being longer, it just seems perfect to go out! With Easter around the corner I have many recipes waiting to be tried out and of course shared with y'all. 


Friday night we took Emmerson out for her first girls night! Here she is all dressed in pink with her adorable & yes obnoxious hat that her zia (me) gave her.  Who else would inflict such a fashion statement on a 5 month old!!?  


It really is amazing the comfort of girlfriends and I honestly love passing it along to the next generation of little ladies.  I could have a horrible day but then I get a hug and a kiss from one of my girls and instantly feel uplifted.  I am blessed to have many of the same girlfriends from the age of 14 as well as many other sets of friends that I have cultivated along the way.  It is from the love of my friends and family that I am able to find strength each day - to chin up and smile and know that I am loved when I need it most.  I haven't felt so courageous lately so luckily, I've had my girls to stand behind me and let me know that I will make it through. 


We often take those who have been in our lives the longest for granted so, if there is anyone out there actually reading this.... take a moment to call or email or send a card to let those who are in your heart know that you cherish them.  They may have been a friend for only a moment or a lifetime but if they are important to you, don't hesitate to let them know.  Nothing can ever be lost in telling someone that you care about them.  xo

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Em is already so big! I hope you had a fab outing! I care about you btw!, my dear friend and sister. Love.

    ReplyDelete