11 March 2011

Thinking Positive

I have to say that through this whole situation of life right now, I am making the daily choice to think positively and focus on the future and all the good that lay ahead.  Not to say that there aren't moments where I am kinda pissed off such as when I got my car stuck in the snow bank, or times when I start crying upon hearing certain songs on the radio, but for the most part I face each day with a smile and am grateful for all the good in my life. 


I came across a few positive things today online by Lucy MacDonalad that I wanted to share with you ... 


3 simple rules for living a happy life: 
1. Start each day with a grateful heart.
2. Focus on the positive aspects of every person you encounter.
3. End each day with a grateful heart.


As well, I chose this quote  "no matter where I am going, or what I am doing, or who I am doing it with, it is my intention to focus on the positive" as my mood message because I do believe that happiness is a choice.  We can choose each moment to focus on either the positive or the negative in that situation and really, if the choice is ours, why not be positive? 


On that note today was a pretty great day! I got to relax and enjoy a coffee while waiting in line at the passport office, then I had a great workout where my trainer N pushed me to do 30 push-ups! Real ones  - not the girly, on-your-knees kind.  REAL BIG GIRL ONES! Then I had a great lunch with my photographer friend A at my favourite organic, health food place, followed by an afternoon at my store, then dinner and shopping with my sis and friend S.... 


Now I'm tucked in bed, reading through blogs and just entered my next 1/2 marathon on May 8th in Kalamazoo... 


Here's to a good day, grateful for all the good in my life 
xo xo 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful way to think! I'm going to focus on that, too.

    ReplyDelete