07 April 2011

6.5 miles and sandwiches

So I leave on vacation in three days - which means I have a lot to get done over the next 72 hours! I want to be able to park my bikini'd butt in a lounger for 5 days and not worry about the tasks waiting back at home.  Therefore it's been a busy week! Today I worked from home for the most part but I took an hour part way through the day to log a quick 6.45 miles - there were a few phone calls from the store along the way so at one point, having my phone out I decided to take this shot of my route....

Along the Detroit River - you can almost see the Renaissance Center from this vantage point.




The afternoon was crazy busy at the store and I ended up working pretty late and then once home I didn't really feel like cooking.  I've been watching the "America's Next Great Restaurant" series and thought that guy with the Grilled Cheese Sandwiches had one of the best ideas so that inspired me! Using my lovely Udi's Gluten Free Multigrain bread I made myself a tried & true.  Using smoked Provolone, Spicy cheddar and black pepper encrusted turkey meat (thank you again whole foods!) I whipped up this sammie - made a side of red lentil salad and we were good to keep working through the night! 


Red Lentil Salad (sorry no real recipe - adapt as you need!) 

Cook your lentils (use the guide on your package to determine how much you'd like to make! 
I make a big batch so you can scale down the following ingredients if you made a small one...)
1 red onion chopped 
1 clove garlic chopped 
1 cup shredded carrot 
1 cucumber - diced 
1 can chick peas (drained & rinsed)
handful of parsley chopped 
olive or grapeseed oil
balsamic vinegar 
salt & pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment