04 April 2011

Clean eating

Starting the week with a trip to Whole Foods always makes me a happy camper.  Not only do they carry such lovely organic & local produce, but their staff is so helpful (I love that the girl at the meat counter remembers me and the fact that I don't like fennel!) and everything is so clearly marked gluten-free which makes shopping a breeze. 

So prior to our bikini shopping extravaganza we hit the grocery store and started off with a nice fresh lunch where my sister decided that she would ideally like to live in a world where she had a salad bar in her house.  We can always dream right?  (My suggestion was to go home and chop everything she buys into tiny pieces, store in various containers and then take them all out on the counter when she is ready to prepare a meal to recreate the experience!) 

I stocked up on nice fresh veggies, Udi's gluten-free bread (the best ever!) and a few goodies from the meat and fish counters. Of course I also purchased all the birthday and anniversary cards for those celebrating in the month of April and spent the rest of the night organizing who gets which one! 

Fresh tilapia was on sale so I bought a few pieces and came up with this for dinner in hopes to eat cleanly this week prior to said bikini wearing! 

After marinating (in grapeseed oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, siracha hot sauce and fresh cilantro) I grilled these babies up on my new cast iron grill pan.  

Laid over a salad with greens, carrots, chick peas, strawberries, fresh cilantro, green onions, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds and balsamic vinaigrette, it was a delicious and healthy meal.  

2 comments:

  1. Aaahhh.... Please come cook for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with my sister! Your recipes always leaves me drooling!!! :))) YUM!

    ReplyDelete