18 June 2011

Banana Chocolate Chunk Cake

So Thursday was my mom's birthday - her and my dad went away for the week so we surprised her with a birthday dinner at their favourite Chinese restaurant when they returned. It was fun and simple and she had no clue so was a nice surprise. I made the cake - any excuse to bake!! I tried to take a photo of it when it was all iced and none turned out unfortunately....I made two layers and iced with chocolate icing and topped with strawberries and shaved dark chocolate.  

The recipe is very simple, gluten-free and high in protein.  
3 cups almond flour (ground almonds) 
1/4 cup grapeseed oil 
1/4 cup agave nectar 
1/2 tsp salt 
1 tsp baking soda 
3 eggs 
1 tsp vanilla 
2-3 ripe, mashed bananas 
1 cup chopped dark chocolate 

Preheat oven to 350.  In bowl mix flour, salt & baking soda.  In another bowl mix grapeseed oil, agave, eggs and vanilla. Add in to the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in bananas and then chocolate chips.  Pour into pans - I used two 8" round but you could do a 9"square or loaf pan too.  Bake for 30-35 until pick comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment