04 June 2011

Dreamin'

"That big dream wouldn't have been placed inside you, if you didn't have the capacity to achieve it."

I'm lucky.  I'm blessed.  I'm thankful.  
My parents always told me I could do anything and gave me the confidence to try.  To my own detriment, I rarely give in on a dare.  I often embarrass myself (ie: fall down as I'm pretty clumsy!) or end up laughing at myself which is good because you shouldn't take yourself too seriously.  I'm Southern Italian outspoken and love a challenge. Perhaps why I submit my bodies to run 1/2 marathons over and over again.  I know that within me in an unstoppable spirit.  

Four and a half years ago when the economy tanked and most of us middle managers in the public relations and marketing field were the first to be laid off, I found myself at a career cross roads.  I had moved back to Windsor from Toronto just a few years earlier and so the jobs in my field were already few and far between.  I found myself looking within and and wondering what I wanted to do and though I have always dreamed of teaching I've also been an entrepreneur at heart.  I applied to teachers college and told myself that if I got in, I'd go and if not I'd follow the other path.  While waiting for the acceptance I started planning (me, planning?? weird! Ha ha!) Anyways, when my letter of acceptance came I was unsure if that was the right path.  I was lucky to have family and friends who encouraged me to go for what I wanted and I decided that I wanted to follow my heart.

And so bump was born! There was a need in the marketplace and I filled it.  I enjoy fashion and it's a great unique niche where I get to make someone who's not exactly loving their new body find an outfit or two that makes them feel great and it's a wonderful feeling.  People are often amazed when I tell them I don't have kids of my own (yet!) but I am so passionate about unique and modern items for those 2ft tall and under! I've run this business in two locations now and from millions of miles away while living in Europe.  It's been a haul but it's been worth it!
“When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly” Patrick Overton 
These past few months, undergoing all these new life changes, faith has been something deep down that has come forward and carried me through.  I feel like there has been a turning point recently when I realized that I am ready to move forward.  I have put my faith in God's plan for me and feel like no matter what I will prevail.  I'm one grateful girl. xo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your 4th anniversary Bump, and good luck Linds! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete