01 June 2011

Love is Everything

a friend of mine recently posed the question of when would it be the right time to tell someone "I love you" and my answer was of course "as soon as you feel it".  I think we waste too much time worrying do they love us back? or will I look stupid? or am I risking putting myself out there?  Maybe I love too easy but I'd rather have a full heart most of the time and risk a broken one every once in a while then never to love at all.  There are just so many ways to love people and I'm of the thought that once you are in my heart - whether that be in a romantic, platonic or familial way, I will always carry you there.   

I sign every hand written note with a heart and my name.  If I'm writing to you, you obviously are some way a part of my life.  It's my way of reaching out to you so why shouldn't you know that I care about you? I would much rather have people know that they are in my heart than wonder if they know what they mean to me.  Life is short - too short not to say I love you when you feel it.  What have you got to lose? That person should feel honoured that someone cares about them and is willing to take the risk to put there heart on the line.  

Love does have so many varied meanings and does change over time - so if you one day fall out of love with someone it doesn't mean you won't always carry them with you.  That you won't still have a place for them in your heart.  It could just mean that the space changes.  Even if you are so angry with someone, it's because of the love that you have such a strong emotion such as hate. 

That said love isn't always easy however I do believe it is worth fighting for.  It's worth the risk.  The highs make the lows worthwhile.  Maybe there is someone out there that you haven't said "I love you to" in a while or someone that you are on the verge of telling.  Maybe it's a friend or family member that you assume just knows how you feel.  It could be someone you've lost touch with but that you wish you hadn't.  Reach out.  I know I've had my heart broken this year but I also know it's getting ready to love again - I don't know how to explain it but I can feel it. 

So to anyone out there reading this...take the leap and risk it. Let's all say "I love you" as much as we can.  xo

1 comment:

  1. I love you Linds! Never forget that. And like I have thought since I was a kid "It's a lot nicer to Love someone than to hate someone, so why can't we be fast to share love and slow to show hate??" There really isn't anything to lose, even if the love we feel for someone isn't returned in the same way, you will never regret loving. I love to love!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete