29 June 2011

 Pick your battles.....

Ruby is not amused by my heels
So I'll be honest - last week had some ups and downs.  It's never easy to see something end, even when you know it's the right thing to do.  As much as I never imagined this day, I know that T is not the same man I married and that we can never go back to the way things were.  I know that this is the path I'm meant to follow and I feel genuinely happy to know new adventures lie ahead.  


That said, life kinda punched me in the gut this week after the customs agent made me cry.  Then once I got up the gumption to start unpacking the first box only to find two GIANT framed wedding photos - Seriously universe??? I then moved on to my bins of clothing & shoes which made me feel infinitely better!! I just felt like shouting welcome home kids!! I'm about at least 75% of the way through the bins so it's starting to look less chaotic in here.  I've registered for the Warrior Dash in Michigan in a few weeks time so I'm choosing to look at this week's attempt to navigate through the mess as practice for the obstacle course that lies ahead of me! t! Although luckily there is no barbed wire to crawl under or fire to jump in my living or dining room - not yet anyhoooo... I do bruise easily so my legs are close to polka dotted at this point and likely after the dash it won't be a pretty sight! It's a bit slow going in that while unpacking clothing I often stop to try on outfits and/or prance around in my leopard heels... 


The lesson of the week was taught to me by a chicken named Beyonce - if anyone out there shares my wacky sense of humor you will enjoy linking through to this blog post which literally had me crying and holding my gut laughing so hard.  Perhaps had I had children by now I would tell you I peed my pants but luckily I'm still good on that front! If you are sad in any way this should cheer you up.  If you are looking for a good anniversary gift, this may also bring you some guidance.  And if you are just a plain old weirdo like me, it will bring you a good ol' gut-busting, laugh-out-loud moment and will hopefully make your day.  Enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment