08 June 2011

Table of 8

So typically I don't open email "forwards" - lol especially the ones that come from my mom or my aunt because well there are so many and I don't usually believe in the "luck" attached to sending them onwards.  Really the only chain letter I've participated in was one where you forwarded recipes and nothing was promised or threatened except for the possibility of trying out some new cool dishes.   Anyway, I did open the one this morning entitled Table of 8 which asked which eight ladies in your life that you would love to have seated all together at one table.  It's hard to choose but there would most certainly be a mixture of family and friends and if I could really choose I'd include my Nonna who was probably one of the most influential women in my life to date.  As a part of the email was the following quotation and to be honest it really spoke to me.  

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." 

Later on my way home from work while chatting with a friend, she told me that she was very proud of me which of course brought a little tear to my eye.  She simply said that she felt that I was living the life I am meant to be living and even with all the changes that she can see that there is still a happiness in me and that it's shining through.  I have to say that I do, at this moment, feel very at peace with myself and my life.  It's an ending but also a new beginning full of possibility - the possibility of new love, new relationships and new adventures.  I do believe that I am exactly where I am meant to be right now - loved by amazing friends and family, running my own business and taking care of myself.  Today is a wonderful day.  

1 comment: