17 July 2012

words to live by....

At the moment life seems a bit crazy.  People keep saying things to me like "you're an inspiration" to which I follow up with the fact that there is a fine line between inspiring and insane.  I don't think what I do is inspiring - I think it's pretty f*&#ing crazy actually.  Sometimes I break for a moment and think "why am I doing this?" Why didn't I just move back to the city and get a regular job with a salary and benefits and steadiness.  Why am I going out on this limb? Jumping in with both feet? Taking this risk? But I guess it goes back to not wanting a life un-lived.  I don't want to look back and think "wow, I should have...." about anything.  You don't know how many days lie ahead and you certainly don't know what they will bring you so your best bet is to try to follow your heart and your dreams and take risks.  Some days are scary and some days are beyond exhilarating and each day, these are the words I am trying to live by:
"Go now, and live. Experience. Dream. Risk. Close your eyes and jump. Enjoy the free fall. Choose exhilaration over comfort. Choose magic over predictability. Choose potential over safety. Wake up to the magic of everyday life. Make friends with your intuition. Trust your gut. Discover the beauty of uncertainty. Know yourself fully before you make promises to another. Make millions of mistake so that you will know how to choose what your really need. Know when to hold on and when to let go. Love hard and often and without reservation. Seek knowledge. Open yourself to possibility. Keep your heart open, your head high and your spirit free. Embrace your darkness along with your light. Be wrong every once in a while, and don't be afraid to admit it. Awaken to the brilliance in ordinary moments. Tell the truth about yourself no matter what the cost. Own your reality without apology. See goodness in the world. Be Bold. Be Fierce. Be Grateful. Be Wild, Crazy and Gloriously Free. Be YOU. Go now, and live."

- Jeanette Leblanc

1 comment:

  1. Good luck w your new store dearest Linds. I so agree w u in what u wrote. The quote is beautiful and touching. I recognize myself in so much of it. Getting married and moving to a new country 15 years ago, then moving overseas w 7 kids... and now planning on moving back. I often ask myself "Why can't I just sit back and relax and act more like "normal" people", but just like You I look ahead and picture what I want in my future, and what memories I want filling my past... You ARE inspiring thou! And a bit crazy. Whatever you do, don't change!! <3 You. Kaisa

    ReplyDelete