19 September 2012

why I run....

People often ask me why I run and usually, unless you are a runner yourself, it is kind of hard to explain.  It's not like any other sport where you are part of a team although you do get to share the camaraderie with the other runners beside you.  You wave and smile as you pass them in training.  You cheer each other on at the finish.  You look the other way as someone squats along the path...  Most of these reasons listed are reasons why I run.  I run because I enjoy to eat but I also run because I want to challenge myself.  Because it's addictive to push beyond your own limits. To get that feeling of digging deep within oneself and pushing further when you think you can't put one leg in front of the other.  It's when I think through problems and it's how I process things and because it really does relieve stress.  it's hard to describe that perfect run first thing in the morning when the world is still and it's just you and the brisk air. I run because it's who I am.  I run to celebrate my health, my strength and my cute runners tush.  My sweat is liquid awesome.  Race day is just 3 days away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment