24 October 2015

This crew....

This crew lifts me up.  The misfit gang of neighbourhood peeps who took me out last night to watch the Jays and listen to some music.  I needed a burger and some wine and of course some tequila.  It felt good to be back in the real world.  Life goes on - exactly how my dad would have wanted it.  I got lots of great hugs which are probably my favourite things ever.  We had laughs and chatted about my dad and how the Tavern burgers were his favourite thing ever.  Gordo played James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend" and I knew Dad was there and I felt at peace.  No one ever plays James Taylor lol but that was his and moms' song.  He proposed during that song 42 years ago.  We played it during his visitation and during the service.  It will always have special meaning to our family.  I think it's moments like that when something will remind me of him that I will feel him with me.  Bill put his arm around me and we sang all the words and I realize how lucky I am.   All these little pockets of people that I've collected along the way.  I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment