09 March 2016

true colours

I will be the first to admit that I have no poker face and I cannot lie.  I decided long ago to be as honest as possible and to let of playing games or holding on to passive aggression.  I am a tell-it-like-it-is kinda gal.  Though my way to tell people what I'm thinking is usually some sort of note.  You see, I'm a letter writer - I'm much more expressive with the written word than anything else.  This has just been my way since I was a little kid - somewhere my mother has a stack of letters that were written and left on her pillow with random apologies or tales of my "feelings" through the years.  


I'm not sure if it's the new moon/full moon but I've been thinking a lot the past few days.  I've been contemplating the thought of knowing when to hold on and when to let go.  The quote that stuck with me, and that I keep replaying in my head, is this one by Maya Angelou.  I get easily swept up into my own ideas of people and often overlook the true qualities that they present.  I know I'm guilty of always looking for the best in people but sometimes I need to remember to actually see what someone is showing as their true colours.  It's just not always that easy to do - I want to connect with people and show them all the good that I see within them and hopefully help them to see it too.  But I know I sometimes need to be more of a realist and get my head out of the clouds.  I need to stop thinking so positively and remember that people do show their true selves - if they can't see the good that we see in them well then I have to accept that and learn to move forward. I have to stop making excuses. 

March 8th is the first lunar eclipse of the year.  It is not only a full moon but a Super Moon, signifying not only a time to plant new seeds but an eclipse is also a time to let go of old, stagnant energy.  The strong theme of this moon is relationships. Eclipses are dramatic tools that the universe uses to get us to pay attention to the areas in our lives that need change and often sheds light on areas of our lives that require change. An eclipse, especially a full moon lunar eclipse, will help you see the true character of someone close to you.  As difficult as it is to see someone's true colours if they are being shown to you, SEE them. Really see them.  New moons are a time of beginnings when we are encouraged to plant the seeds of what we hope to manifest within the new lunar cycle.  Combining this Pisces new moon with a supermoon signifies that it’s not just a new beginning, but a new life direction altogether.  We may have felt resistant to the change we could already sense coming by withdrawing into our old patterns of behavior. The super noon moon challenges us to face those demons and begin to move forward.  Whether we want to see the truth or not—there won’t be denying it any longer. The next month will hold ending and beginnings but remember that before anything can begin, something else must first end.

So maybe it isn't a coincidence that this moon comes just as spring begins to come into the air but it's definitely a time to take a look inward.  Spring cleaning of the heart perhaps.  It is never easy to let something or someone go but there is a part of me that knows I need to begin to open my eyes a little wider.  I need to see people for the person that they ARE not the person that I see in them.  I remind myself of the simple fact that I want someone to care about my day.  It is the smallest thing but yet hold so much value - perhaps because it was something I lacked for so long.  I don't need to be taken care of but I do want to be cared for.  It's time to refocus on what I need and stop only caring for others.  I don't need to be taken care of but I can't be with someone who only cares about themselves - I did that already.  Its' time to clean some space in my heart and let go of the energy that does not serve me.  The 30 day challenge begins next week - a solid month of coming to my mat and turning inward.  Time to make space in my heart for love of myself and those in my life.  Time to reconnect.  Time to spring forward.  Time for change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment